- 1, 2, & 4 motion axes
- Fully integrated closed-loop servo control, amplifier module, and power supplies
- For voice coil drives, DC motors, and brushless 3-phase motors
- Quiet PWM drives
- Encoder inputs support incremental (analog sine/cosine and RS-422) and absolute (BiSS-C, EnDat 2.1/2.2) encoder
- Output current up to 10 A continuous / 20 A peak per axis
The A-81x motion controller series from PI offers a fully integrated electronics solution with controller, servo drives, and power supplies in a compact 19-inch rack unit. The A-81x controllers are designed and optimized for the operation of air bearing PIglide linear and rotation stages with direct drive and other positioners from PI that are equipped with servo motors and high-resolution encoders.
Standard options include inputs for incremental and absolute encoders. Support for sine/cosine encoders has an integrated interpolation factor of up to 4096x. All controllers feature on-board flash memory for stored motion programs and parameters.
The A-81x controllers can be operated in stand-alone mode running stored programs, or controlled via an external PC. A PC is required for programming and startup. All software is supplied with the controller.
If the controller is purchased together with a PIglide air bearing stage or positioning system, PI will do the servo tuning, startup of the controller, and error calibration, and supply a complete ready-to-use positioning system.
The A-81x motion controller features the state-of-the-art ACS SPiiPlusEC motion controller and EtherCAT master.
Options and Upgrades
- Various encoder inputs. Custom configurations are required for mixing encoder types across channels.
- Various motor current output levels
- G-Code Programming
- Input shaping for an improved settling behavior and a decreased motion caused by reaction forces
- Additional control axes for external drives via EtherCAT (up to 64 axes)
- ServoBoostTM or ServoBoostTM PLUS for an improved position stability and a reduction of servo jitter
- Additional programming buffers for storing motion programs (up to 64 axes)
User Manual A-811.21xxx
A-81x Single Axis Motion Controller
User Manual A-812.21xxx
A-81x 2-Axis Motion Controller
User Manual A-814.21xxx
A-81x 4-Axis Motion Controller
A-81x 3-D model
Quote / Order
Ask for a free quote on quantities required, prices, and lead times or describe your desired modification. All products available online can be ordered directly.