- ProductsProductsPI is a worldwide leading supplier of solutions in the fields of motion and positioning. PI does not only develop and produce a broad range of positioning stages and actuators for linear, rotary and vertical motion or combinations of different axes. PI also adapts those solutions to customer-specific applications or supplies finished subsystems for motion and positioning.
- New Products
- Product FinderProduct FinderSelect the product type specified by the axes of motion required. Selection of more criteria expands or shortens the list of results. Select more than one filter at a time, for example, to find positioning stages designed for higher load capacity, too.
- Customized ProductsCustomized ProductsPI is fully at home where unconventional solutions are in demand. This is no longer limited to fields of research. Today, nanotechnology is also present in standardized industrial processes.
- Nanopositioning Piezo Flexure StagesNanopositioning Piezo Flexure StagesPI's piezo flexure stages combine sub-nanometer resolution and guiding precision with minimum crosstalk.
- Multi-Axis Piezo Flexure StagesMulti-Axis Piezo Flexure Stages
- PIFOC® Objective & PInano® Sample Scanners for MicroscopyPIFOC® Objective & PInano® Sample Scanners for Microscopy
- Linear Piezo Flexure StagesLinear Piezo Flexure Stages
- XY Piezo Flexure StagesXY Piezo Flexure Stages
- XYZ Piezo Flexure ScannersXYZ Piezo Flexure Scanners3-Axis Nanopositioning Scanners of Maximum Precision
- Piezo Flexure Tilting MirrorsPiezo Flexure Tilting Mirrors
- Multi-Axis Piezo Flexure Stages
- Miniature StagesMiniature StagesMiniaturized stages and manipulators are essential in mobile applications for measuring and medical devices, in industrial microassembly or use for research, e.g. in UHV and non-magnetic environments.
- Miniature Linear StagesMiniature Linear Stages
- Miniature Rotation StagesMiniature Rotation Stages
- Miniature HexapodsMiniature Hexapods
- Miniature Linear Stages
- Linear StagesLinear StagesPI offers a wide range of motorized linear stages to supply high-precision industrial markets like semiconductor and photonics, as well as high-end research. Vacuum versions are available for a large number of different models. Multi-axis compositions can be set up with adapter brackets or specialized vertical stages and compatible rotation stages.
- Stages with Magnetic Direct-Drive Linear MotorStages with Magnetic Direct-Drive Linear Motor
- Stages with Stepper, DC & Brushless DC (BLDC) MotorsStages with Stepper, DC & Brushless DC (BLDC) Motors
- Vertical Stages with Stepper, DC & Brushless DC (BLDC) MotorsVertical Stages with Stepper, DC & Brushless DC (BLDC) Motors
- Miniature Linear StagesMiniature Linear Stages
- Stages with Magnetic Direct-Drive Linear Motor
- Linear ActuatorsLinear ActuatorsChoose from the widest range of technologies the optimum for your special demands: Set-and-forget applications benefit from the specific features of piezomotors that provide excellent long-term stability, also for vacuum or nonmagnetic environments. Stepper and DC motor solutions are well-established and reliable for both industrial and research use.
- PiezoMike for Long-Term StabilityPiezoMike for Long-Term Stability
- Linear Actuators with Stepper & DC Servo MotorsLinear Actuators with Stepper & DC Servo Motors
- Voice Coil Actuators with High Dynamics & Force Control OptionVoice Coil Actuators with High Dynamics & Force Control Option
- PiezoMove Lever ActuatorsPiezoMove Lever Actuators
- Nanopositioning Piezo ActuatorsNanopositioning Piezo Actuators
- PiezoWalk® Actuators with High Force & StabilityPiezoWalk® Actuators with High Force & Stability
- PIRest Active Piezo ShimsPIRest Active Piezo Shims
- PiezoMike for Long-Term Stability
- Rotation StagesRotation StagesPI offers stages with all kinds of motorization and guiding options: air-bearing, torque motor driven, motorized worm-gear coupled, tiny piezomotor stages and specialized goniometer stages with orthogonal tip-tilt mounting option.
- XY StagesXY StagesStability, precision and dynamics are crucial in the application fields of PI’s XY stages. They are the basis of high throughput rates and reliable operation. PI makes use of own developments in the fields of PIMag® magnetic linear motors and PIglide air bearings. Industrial production and quality control benefit from PI’s high-load XY stages and planar scanners.
- HexapodsHexapodsHexapods provide six degrees of freedom in the most compact package. In combination with absolute measuring sensors, software and motion controllers that make the most complicated motion profiles easy to command, PI hexapods answer industrial requirements.
- Engineered Subsystems for AutomationEngineered Subsystems for AutomationPrecision components, stable control and a great deal of experience in engineering are essential for high-precision complex motion and positioning solutions. PI is a supplier of technologically sophisticated drive components and high-precision positioners and also offers all levels of integration for engineered subsystems.
- Fast Multi-Channel Photonics AlignmentFast Multi-Channel Photonics Alignment SystemsPiezo scanners take care of fast, continuous scanning tasks, where durability, dynamics, and precision matter. The larger travel ranges are realized with XYZ combinations or 6-axis hexapods. Integrated routines make it possible to perform single-axis alignments up to complex, multi-axis fiber array positioning within the shortest possible time.
- Motion Control SoftwareMotion Control SoftwareAll digital controllers made by PI are accompanied by an extensive software package.
- User Programs and Their FunctionsUser Programs and Their Functions
- Software Tools for HexapodsSoftware Tools for Hexapods
- Third Party SupportThird Party Support
- Software Products for Special ApplicationsSoftware Products for Special Applications
- Controllers & DriversControllers & DriversThe decision for a motion controller depends on the specific application situation. Various criteria, such as limited installation space, the number of axes or the type of control, determine which controller is the right one. PI offers a broad spectrum of controls and regulation concepts.
- Nanopositioning Piezo ControllersNanopositioning Piezo Controllers
- Piezo Drivers for Open-Loop Operation of Piezo ActuatorsPiezo Drivers for Open-Loop Operation of Piezo Actuators
- Motion Controllers & Drivers for Linear, Torque, Stepper & DC Servo MotorsMotion Controllers & Drivers for Linear, Torque, Stepper & DC Servo Motors
- Controllers & Drivers for PiezomotorsControllers & Drivers for Piezomotors
- Controller Systems for Multiple Axes & Mixed Drive TypesController Systems for Multiple Axes & Mixed Drive Types
- Hexapod Motion ControllersHexapod Motion Controllers
- ACS Motion ControlACS Motion Control for Industrial Automation
- Nanopositioning Piezo Controllers
- Piezoelectric Transducers & ActuatorsPiezoelectric Transducers & ActuatorsPiezoelectric ultrasonic transducers are available in a wide range of shapes like disks, plates or tubes, and different performance levels. They can be adapted to application requirements by using different piezoceramic materials, electrodes, and assembling technology.
- Discs, Rods and CylindersPiezoceramic Discs, Rods & Cylinders
- Plates and BlocksPiezoceramic Plates & Blocks
- RingsPiezoceramic Rings
- TubesPiezoceramic Tubes
- Spheres and HemispheresPiezoceramic Spheres & Hemispheres
- Bending ElementsPiezoceramic Bending Elements
- Tube ActuatorsPiezo Tube Actuators
- PICMA® Piezo Linear ActuatorsPICMA® Piezo Linear Actuators
- PICMA® Piezo Bender ActuatorsPICMA® Piezo Bender Actuators
- PICA Piezoelectric Stack ActuatorsPICA Piezoelectric Stack Actuators
- PICA Shear ActuatorsPICA Shear Actuators
- DuraAct Patch TransducersDuraAct Patch Transducers
- Picoactuator® Piezoelectric CrystalPicoactuator® Piezoelectric Crystal
- Discs, Rods and Cylinders
- Air Bearings & StagesAir Bearings & StagesAir bearing stages are used where vibration-free motion is required, velocity needs to be highly constant, and optimum angular repeatability is requested.
- Sensors, Components & AccessoriesSensors, Components & Accessories
- VacuumProduct Series with Vacuum-Ready ItemsPI offers specific catalogue items for selected product series that are already suitable for high vacuum (HV) or ultra-high vacuum (UHV).
- New Products
- OEMOEMCustomer- and application-specific product developments form the basis for success at PI. To this purpose, requirements have to be understood and a technological solution has to be found.
- ApplicationsApplications & MarketsPI positioning systems are employed where technology is pushed forward in industry and research. This is done, for example, in semiconductor manufacturing, in medical engineering, in biotechnology, in plant engineering, in surface metrology, or in astronomy.
- Hexapods Support Industrial RobotsHexapods Support Industrial Robots
- Scientific InstrumentationScientific Instrumentation
- Hexapod Systems for ALMAHexapod Systems for ALMA
- Double-Crystal MonochromatorDouble-Crystal Monochromator for an X-Ray Spectrometer
- Materials Research in High VacuumMaterials Research in High Vacuum
- Active Vibration Isolation with Piezo ActuatorsActive Vibration Isolation with Piezo Actuators
- Drive Technology for the ELTDrive Technology for the ELT
- Hexapod Systems for ALMA
- Semiconductor TechnologySemiconductor Technology
- Confocal MicroscopyAdjustment of the Focal Planes in Confocal Microscopy
- Positioning Solutions for Total Internal Reflection Fluorescence Microscopy (TIRFM)Positioning Solutions for Total Internal Reflection Fluorescence Microscopy (TIRFM)
- High-Speed MicroscopyHigh-Speed Microscopy for Quality Control
- Atomic Force MicroscopyAFM Scanner for Atomic Force Microscopy
- White Light Interferometry3-D Surface Inspection With Piezo-Based Positioning Systems from PI
- Flamingo Lightsheet Fluorescence MicroscopyFlamingo Lightsheet Fluorescence Microscopy
- IsoView Light Sheet MicroscopeIsoView Light Sheet Microscope
- Confocal Microscopy
- Silicon PhotonicsSilicon Photonics
- Photonics PackagingAutomated Photonics Packaging
- Optical Fiber AlignmentSimultaneous Testing of Optical Components in Silicon Photonics
- Photonics Packaging
- Medical TechnologyMedical Technology
- EndoscopyVariable Focusing and Sharp Focus for Endoscopic Applications
- Surgical Robots for OphthalmologySurgical Robots for Ophthalmology
- Magnetic Resonance ImagingNonsensitive Drives for Magnetic Resonance Tomography
- Optical Coherence TomographyPiezo Technology and Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT)
- PipettingPiezomotors for Pipetting and Nanodispensing
- Precision DosingDynamic Drives for Precision Dosing with Nanodispensers
- MicropumpsPiezoelectric Micropumps – Compact Design and High Performance
- Image StabilizationImage Stabilization and Microscanning with Piezo Scanners
- Adaptive Diaphragm PositioningAdaptive Diaphragm Positioning
- Positioning Solutions for Whole Genome SequencingPositioning Solutions for Whole Genome Sequencing
- Materials ResearchMaterials Research
- Parallel Kinematics for Materials ResearchHigh-Load Parallel Kinematics for Materials Research
- Laser Beam ControlPiezo Drives for Laser Beam Control
- Parallel Kinematics for Materials Research
- Mechanical EngineeringMechanical Engineering
- Electrical Discharge MachiningPiezo Actuators Accelerate Electrical Discharge Machining
- Hexapods in Mechanical EngineeringHexapods in Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Discharge Machining
- Smarter Motion PositioningSmarter Motion Positioning
- Hexapods in MicroproductionHexapods in Microproduction
- Hexapods for Quality AssuranceHexapods for Quality Assurance
- Magnetic Direct DrivesMagnetic Direct Drives
- Motion Simulation with HexapodsMotion Simulation with Hexapods
- Flexibility in Dimensional MeasuringHexapod Systems in Automation
- Motion Compensation with HexapodsMotion Compensation with HexapodsDynamic hexapods with piezo drives: Best conditions for motion compensation.
- Fast Piezo Ultrasonic Drives Advance TechnologyFast Piezo Ultrasonic Drives Advance Technology
- Laser Material ProcessingLaser Material Processing
- Hexapods for Optical MetrologyHexapods Support Precise Measurement of Aspheres
- Smarter Motion Positioning
- Beamline InstrumentationBeamline Instrumentation
- Tomography EquipmentTomography Equipment
- Synchrotron Spectroscopy in VacuumSynchrotron Spectroscopy in Vacuum
- Beam PreparationBeam Preparation
- Sample Positioning for TomographySample Positioning for Tomography
- Accelerator TechnologyAccelerator Technology
- Tomography Equipment
- Additive ManufacturingAdditive Manufacturing
- Active AlignmentActive Alignment
- TechnologyKnow-How & TechnologyPI combines its long-term experience in micro and nanopositioning technology with in-depth knowledge in the fields of mechanics, electronics, sensor engineering, and software. Thus, PI is able to offer its customers the most advanced drive technologies and system solutions.
- Piezo TechnologyPiezo TechnologyPI Ceramic offers a wealth of experience in the manufacturing of piezoceramic materials, components, and actuators. The piezoceramic materials can be adapted individually to perfectly fit the later use of the piezo components.
- Fundamentals of Piezo TechnologyFundamentals of Piezo TechnologyPhysical basics and explanations of piezo electricity and electromechanics.
- Properties of Piezo ActuatorsProperties of Piezo Actuators
- Piezoceramic MaterialsPiezoceramic MaterialsPI Ceramic offers a variety of different piezoelectric materials including lead-free materials.
- Manufacturing TechnologyManufacturing Technology
- PICMA® TechnologyPICMA® Technology
- Integrated Piezo ActuatorsIntegrated Piezo Actuators
- DuraAct Patch Transducer TechnologyDuraAct Patch Transducer Technology
- PIRest ActuatorsPIRest ActuatorsActive shims with long-term stability and nanometer resolution.
- Fundamentals of Piezo Technology
- Piezoelectric DrivesPiezoelectric DrivesDepending on the configuration and control, piezoceramic actuators can be used to create translational motions or as motors with a virtually unlimited travel range. The choice of drive depends on the requirements of the application.
- Piezo ActuatorsPiezo Actuators with and without Guiding
- PiezoWalk® Walking DrivesPiezoWalk® Walking Drives
- PILine® Ultrasonic PiezomotorsPILine® Ultrasonic Piezomotors
- Piezo Inertia DrivesPiezo Inertia Drives
- PiezoMike Linear ActuatorsPiezoMike Linear Actuators
- Comparison: Piezo Motors & Drive TechnologiesComparison: Piezo Motors & Drive Technologies
- Piezo Actuators
- Electromagnetic DrivesElectromagnetic DrivesRotating electric motors such as DC or stepper motors are used in connection with screw or worm drives. Stepper motor systems with high-resolution encoders can perform minimum incremental motions of 10 nm with high reliability and repeatability.
- Rotating Electric MotorsRotating Electric Motors from PI
- Magnetic Direct DrivesMagnetic Direct Drives
- PIMag® 6-D Magnetic LevitationPIMag® 6-D Magnetic Levitation at Six Levels of Freedom
- Hybrid ConceptPiezo & Motor Hybrid Concept
- Rotating Electric Motors
- Parallel KinematicsParallel KinematicsIn a parallel-kinematic, multi-axis system, all actuators act directly on a single moving platform. This means that all axes can be designed with identical dynamic properties, thus reducing the moved mass considerably. Hexapods are used for moving and precision positioning, aligning and displacing loads in all six degrees of freedom, i.e., three linear and three rotational axes.
- Parallel KinematicsPiezo Positioning Systems with Parallel KinematicsIn a parallel-kinematic, multi-axis system, all actuators act directly on a single moving platform.
- Multi-Axis PositionersMulti-Axis Positioners and Stewart Platforms
- Hexapod as Motion SimulatorHexapod as Motion SimulatorMotion simulators have higher motion dynamics requirements (shakers).
- Parallel Kinematics
- Sensor TechnologiesSensor TechnologiesThe linearity and repeatability achieved are not possible without highest-resolution measuring devices. Accuracies in the range of a few nanometers and below require a position measurement method that can also detect motion in this range.
- Capacitive SensorsCapacitance Nanosensors
- Incremental SensorsLinear Scale Encoders for Nanometrology & Nanopositioning
- PIOne Optical Nanometrology EncoderPIOne Optical Nanometrology Encoder
- Comparison: Position Sensor TechnologiesComparison: Nanopositioning Sensor Technologies
- Capacitive Sensors
- Controllers & SoftwareControllers & SoftwareFast settling or extremely smooth low speed motion, high positional stability, high resolution and high dynamics – the requirements placed on piezo systems vary greatly and need drivers and controllers with a high degree of flexibility.
- Digital & Analog InterfacesDigital & Analog Interfaces
- EtherCAT Connectivity of PI ProductsEtherCAT Connectivity of PI Products
- Control of Piezo ActuatorsPiezo Controllers & Drivers for Nanopositioning Systems
- Digital Motion ControllersDigital Motion Controllers
- SoftwareMotion Control Software from PI
- Active AlignmentActive Alignment
- Digital & Analog Interfaces
- Guiding Systems & Force TransmissionGuiding Systems & Force TransmissionFlexure joints, mechanical guide components or magnetic bearings? Which kind of guiding system PI uses in its products depends on parameters such as travel range, required precision, load, lifetime, and ambient conditions.
- Classical Guiding SystemsComparison: Classical Guiding Systems and Force Transmission
- Flexure Guiding SystemsFlexure Guiding Systems for Nanopositioning & Piezo Actuators
- Magnetic BearingsMagnetic Levitation & Precision Bearings for NanopositioningMagnetic levitation allows excellent guiding accuracy in a plane, both linear and rotational.
- PIglide Air Bearing TechnologyPIglide Air Bearing TechnologyMulti-axis motion with nanometer precision and without friction.
- Classical Guiding Systems
- VacuumPositioning in High Vacuum (HV) and Ultrahigh Vacuum (UHV)Careful handling, adequate premises: PI does not only have the necessary equipment for the qualification of materials, components and final products, but also has many years of experience with regard to HV und UHV positioning systems.
- GlossaryPI Glossary for Technical TermsFind useful explanations of technical terms in the PI Glossary.
- BlogBlogLearn from our experts in the field of motion and positioning, who share their knowledge and their passion for technology.
- What is the Difference between Parallel Positioners and Stacked Serial Kinematics?What is the Difference between Parallel Positioners and Stacked Serial Kinematics?Stewart Platforms vs. Conventional Mechanics - Differences and Advantages of Parallel Kinematic Machines in Precision Motion
- Piezo Ceramics Enable Precise Liquid Handling for in Vitro DiagnosticsPiezo Ceramics Enable Precise Liquid Handling for in Vitro DiagnosticsIn vitro diagnostics (IVD) opens up numerous possibilities for early diagnosis and detection of diseases. The requirements for fluid handling in IVD devices are extremely demanding: very small quantities of fluids with different properties must be dosed or moved with high precision. Piezoelectric components and actuators perform these tasks.
- Piezo Flexure Actuators, Nanopositioners, and Other Piezo Mechanisms for Precision Motion Control ApplicationsPiezo Flexure Actuators, Nanopositioners, and Other Piezo Mechanisms for Precision Motion Control ApplicationsHow to use Piezo Flexure Mechanisms and Piezo Motors - Applications, Performance, Calculations
- What is the Difference between a Piezo Actuator and a Programmable Piezo Shim?What is the Difference between a Piezo Actuator and a Programmable Piezo Shim?What is the Difference between a Piezo Actuator and a Programmable Piezo Shim?
- Microblog: Choosing a high-precision actuator that fits your needsMicroblog: Choosing a high-precision actuator that fits your needsMicroblog: Choosing a high-precision actuator that fits your needs
- Microblog: Vacuum and non-magnetic environmentsMicroblog: Vacuum and non-magnetic environmentsMicroblog: Vacuum and non-magnetic environments
- Microblog: How to achieve high throughput in high-end motionMicroblog: How to achieve high throughput in high-end motionMicroblog: How to achieve high throughput in high-end motion
- The summit of data hunger is rising, here’s how to conquer itMicro Talk: The summit of data hunger is rising, here’s how to conquer it
- Fight Against COVID-19: Precision Motion Control to Enable Genome SequencingFight Against COVID-19: Precision Motion Control to Enable Genome Sequencing
- News & EventsNews & EventsTake the opportunity to experience our products live and discuss your application with our development- and sales engineers.
- News & PressNews & PressLatest news on PI worldwide.
- Trade FairsTrade FairsCome visit us
- Virtual Trade Show StandsWelcome to Our Virtual Trade Show Stands!
- Virtual Trade Show Stands
- PI Youtube ChannelSubscribe to our Youtube ChannelFind videos about our products, technologies and applications.
- PI LinkedIn ProfileFollow our LinkedIn ProfileGet weekly updates about our products and technologies.
- PI BeneluxPI BeneluxMeet the faces behind PI Benelux. A dedicated team that will guide you in every step of your journey towards the best possible solution for your precision motion and positioning challenge. Whether you’re looking for an OEM-solution, a fully engineered system, or a product to enhance the performance of your systems: we are eager to help you. Always on a personal level, and always in an open dialogue. PI is the global leader in the field of precision positioning on a nanometer scale. All key technologies are developed, manufactured, and qualified in-house. Our team helps organizations in The Netherlands, Belgium and Luxemburg to realize state of the art solutions in motion and positioning. With a passion for engineering and technology, a portfolio of infinite possibilities and the ambition to solve even the most complex motion puzzles, we have what it takes to create more value for your business.
- Team PI BeneluxTeam PI BeneluxMeet the faces behind PI Benelux. A dedicated team that will guide you in every step of your journey towards the best possible solution for your precision motion and positioning challenge. Whether you’re looking for an OEM-solution, a fully engineered system, or a product to enhance the performance of your systems: we are eager to help you
- How to Get to PI BeneluxHow to Get to PI BeneluxOn this site you find our adress data and a Google Maps plugin to plan your route.
- The PI GroupThe PI GroupPI stands for technical excellence and continuous advance in precision positioning – driven by the passion for technology and its use in customer applications.
- PI WorldwidePI WorldwideThe PI Group represented by subsidiaries and dealers all over the world. Check here to find your local contact.
- About PI miCosPI miCos GmbH, GermanyAs a member of the PI Group, PI miCos makes a strong contribution in the field engineered systems and is the center of expertise for positioning systems with magnetic drives.
- Certified QualityCertified QualityPI aims to apply the same high quality, safety and environmental protection standards worldwide. The Integrated Management System reflects this commitment.
- Technology CenterTechnology CenterThe technology center provides space not only for offices but also for application labs, metrology labs, and cleanrooms for vacuum or cryogenic chambers.
- Manufacturing in Cleanrooms at PIManufacturing in Cleanrooms at PIPI has the capability to manufacture and qualify products under cleanroom conditions, which is extended and improved continually according to market needs.
- Heavy Duty HallHeavy Duty Hall for Positioning Systems Weighing Several TonsThe product range from a two-ton hexapod to a ten-gram nanopositioner requires that PI can both manufacture and qualify these systems. For this reason, PI operates a heavy duty hall at its location in Karlsruhe for the assembly and measurement of masses up to five tons.
- Fractal Manufacturing Structure at PIFractal Manufacturing Structure at PIPI manufactures in autonomous organization fractals. Each unit is responsible for its own product line, has all the necessary skills and production equipment.
- MetrologyMetrologyPI qualifies its products with external measuring equipment. These are calibrated in part and traceable to a national standard. Using the PIOne incremental encoder and capacitive sensors, PI manufactures own metrology for inclusion in PI products.
- Legal InformationLegal Information
- Infinite Possibilities∞ PossibilitiesA world of infinite possibilities in precision motion and positioning. Endless, inexhaustible, limitless, indefinite. Infinite. Our team delivers more than just parts. We are dedicated to define the question behind your challenge. We are eager to help you reach your goals.
- PI StorePI StoreQuick and easy: Order PI’s stages, controllers, and matching accessories for your project in our online shop. The PI Store offers over 300 selected standard products from PI and PI Ceramic for direct purchase online.
- 0Quote list
White Papers & Success Stories
White Papers & Success Stories
Download white papers and success stories or request printed versions by mail – by simply using the >> Contact Form.
White PapersWhite Paper
Technical Progress with Ultrasonic PiezomotorsPrecise, Fast, Energy-Saving and CompactWP pi1038EWP pi1038DWhite Paper
This Is How PI Does Measuring - Part IIPositioning Accuracy, Repeatability, and similar Measurements: Measurement Procedure and Data Preparation at PIWP4032E 2020-12WP4032D 2020-12White Paper
Flow Rate MeasurementUltrasonic Sensors for Estimating Consumption in Building Services Engineering and IndustryWP pi4000WP pi4000White Paper
PI Ultra-High Resolution MicroscopyUltra-High-Resolution Microscopy in a Modular SystemWP pi1114WP pi1114White Paper
PI Ultrasound Piezo Elements in Medical TechnologyTool, Therapeutic Device and SensorWP pi1095WP pi1095White Paper
Reliability of Piezoelectric Multilayer ActuatorsThis paper explains the reliability of piezoceramic multilayer actuators as well as the unique design of the PICMA® co-fired actuators.EnglishWhite Paper
Piezo Actuators – Drives and Testing AidsCreating Oscillations - Measuring OscillationsWP_pi1079WP_pi1079White Paper
PICA Stack Reliability InvestigationSome typical test results that demonstrate the reliability of PICA Stack actuators under AC- and DC-operation conditions.WP_pi11EnglishWhite Paper
Industrial Safety Device for HexapodsHow to Connect a Safety Light Barrier to a Hexapod SystemWP4025E 2020-02WP4025D 2020-01White Paper
Performance of Stepper Motor AxesOptimization of Precision, Stability, and RepeatabilityWP4004E 2016-06WP4004D 2016-06White Paper
Piezo Linear Drives for Laser TechnologyAutomatic Mirror Positioning in Vacuum and in Inaccessible PlacesWP_pi1124WP_pi1124White Paper
Precision Work on the Human EyePiezo-Based Nanopositioning Systems for OphthalmologyWP pi1099EWP pi1099DWhite Paper
Air Bearings: When to Use and When to Avoid in Your Motion ApplicationAll Positioning Stages are not Created Equal. Author: Matt Reck, PIWP4003 2015-09EnglishWhite Paper
From Mechanical Engineering to Particle AcceleratorsWP_pi1127EnglishWhite Paper
Tailor-Made Positioning Solution for Analytical Methods Performed on a BeamlineMechanical System Approaches Limit of Technical FeasibilityWP_pi1130EnglishWhite Paper
3D Laser Lithography in Biotechnology and Medical TechnologyHigh-Precision, Piezo-Based Nanopositioning Systems Advance TechnologyWP_pi1074WP_pi1074White Paper
PI Hexapods in Mechanical EngineeringWhat can be accomplished with parallel kinematics?WP_pi1113WP_pi1113White Paper
Three-Dimensional Laser Writing on the Nanometer ScalePiezo Drives are Driving Technology ForwardWP_pi1031WP_pi1031White Paper
Precise Positioning with Six Degrees of Freedom in Measurement SetupsHexapods Help Measure Stress in a ModelWP_pi1116WP_pi1116White Paper
Reliability of Q-Motion® SystemsLifetime, Vacuum Applications, WearWP4009WP4009White Paper
Manufacturing in Cleanrooms at PI (Physik Instrumente)Capabilities and CapacityWP4008E R1 2020-05WP4008D R1 2020-05WP4008CN 2018-12White Paper
Practical Examples of Parallel Alignment AutomationWP4010E 2018-04WP4010CN 2018-12White Paper
This is how PI Does Measuring - Part IMeasuring Environment / Measuring Equipment Portfolio / Data EvaluationWP4011E 2018-04WP4011D 2018-04WP4011CN 2018-12White Paper
My first ACS.NET ApplicationA step‐by step explanation on how to create a very simple application in Microsoft C#.WP4015E 2018-06EnglishWhite Paper
Piezo Tip/Tilt SystemsDesign – Performance – TuningWP4012E 2018-10WP4012D 2018-10White Paper
Hybrid Nanopositioning Systems with Piezo ActuatorsLong Travel Ranges, Heavy Loads, and Exact PositioningWP4014E 2018-10WP4014D 2018-10White Paper
Rotating Electric Motors for Precision PositioningAn application-related comparison of different motor typesWP4016 R1 2020-03-25WP4016 R1 2020-03-25White Paper
Controlling PI Positioners with External Zygo InterferometersWP4017E 2018-11WP4017D 2018-11White Paper
PIMag®: Voice Coil, Linear, and Torque Motors Developed In-houseIndividual design of magnetic direct drives for flexible, competitive, and application-specific positioning solutionsWP4018E 2019-06WP4018D 2019-06White Paper
Reliability of PILine® ComponentsLifetime, Wear and Reliability of PILine® SystemsWP4002 2018-11-14EnglishWhite Paper
Enabling Large-Format Industrial ProductivityAward-Winning PI Fast Alignment Technology Comes to ACS ControlsWP4023E 2019-06English
Success StoriesSuccess Story
PI Ultrasonic Piezo ElementsUltrasonic Piezo Elements have Countless Applications - From Sonar to Welding Equipmentpi1093pi1093Success Story
PI Ultrasonic Piezo Elements for Sensor ApplicationsFrom Level Measurement to Adaptive Systems Technologypi1094pi1094Success Story
Piezoelectric All-RounderSensor, actuator or both?pi1022pi1022Success Story
Drive Elements Made of Piezoelectric MaterialsThe Driving Force Behind Highly Accurate Dosing Applicationspi1059pi1059Success Story
Fast, High-Precision 3D Surface InspectionPiezo Actuators Position Objectivespi1073Epi1073DSuccess Story
Vibration Isolation for Industry, Laboratory and ResearchPiezo Actuators Improve Effectiveness, Reliability and Lifetimepi1049Epi1049DSuccess Story
Automatic Testing of Photonics ComponentsFast, Accurate, and Suitable for Industrypi1161EEnglishSuccess Story
Hexapods Proven and Tested in Particle AcceleratorsApplying Extremely Thin Layers in a Vaccum Chamberpi1118Epi1118Dpi1118Success Story
Optical 3D Surface Measuring TechnologyAccurate Profile Reproduction of the Finest Structures Thanks to Piezo Technology and Confocal Technology. Author: Gernot Hamannpi1135Epi1135DSuccess Story
High-Accuracy and Traceable AFM Measurements on Semiconductors and Step StandardsPositioning in Sub-Nanometer Resolutionpi1110Epi1110DSuccess Story
Good Vibrations for Die-sinking EDMPiezo Actuators Accelerate Microstructuringpi1119Epi1119DSuccess Story
Silicon Photonics Set the Pace on the Data HighwayAutomated Packaging As Complete Solutionpi1122Epi1122DSuccess Story
Laser Beam Steering in Materials Processing, Laser Scanning Microscopy and OphthalmologyPiezoelectric Drive Components and their Possibilitiespi1100Epi1100DSuccess Story
Positioning Loads Accurately to the MicrometerHexapod at PETRA IIIpi1128Epi1128DSuccess Story
No Compromises Allowed For Mobile Drug PumpsPiezo-Based Ultrasonic Drives Open Up New Opportunitiespi1132Epi1132D